DPsim is a solver library for dynamic power system simulation.
- It supports both the electromagnetic transient (EMT) and dynamic phasor (DP) domain for dynamic simulation.
- A powerflow solver is included standalone usage or initialization of dynamic simulations.
- It provides a Python module which can be embedded in any Python 3 application / scripts.
- The simulation core is implemented in highly-efficient C++ code.
- It supports real-time execution with time-steps down to 50 uS.
- It can load models in the IEC61970 Common Information Model (CIM) XML format.
- It can be interfaced to a variety of protocols and interfaces via VILLASnode.
For further question please consider joining our Slack channel: FEIN e.V. Slack.
Institute for Automation of Complex Power Systems (ACS)
EON Energy Research Center (EONERC)
RWTH University Aachen, Germany
If you are using DPsim for your research, please cite the following paper in your publications:
Other publications related to DPsim:
- M. Mirz, J. Dinkelbach, A. Monti, “DPsim—Advancements in Power Electronics Modelling Using Shifted Frequency Analysis and in Real-Time Simulation Capability by Parallelization,” Energies, 2020, 13. Jg., Nr. 15, S. 3879.
- M. Mirz, A. Estebsari, F. Arrigo, E. Bompard and A. Monti, “Dynamic phasors to enable distributed real-time simulation,” 2017 6th International Conference on Clean Electrical Power (ICCEP), Santa Margherita Ligure, 2017, pp. 139-144.
- S. Vogel, M. Mirz, L. Razik, A. Monti, “An Open Solution for Next-generation Real-time Power System Simulation,” 1st IEEE Conference on Energy Internet and Energy System Integration (IEEE-EI^2), Beijing, 2017.
- M. Mirz, A. Monti, A. Estebsari, F. Arrigo, E. Bompard, “Functionality of the releases of the real time solver V1,” RESERVE Library, 2017.
- M. Mirz, S. Vogel, A. Monti, “First Interconnection test of the nodes in pan-European simulation platform,” RESERVE Library, 2017.
How to install, build and run the DPsim project.
Mathematical description of the models implemented in DPsim.
Description of typical simulation and development tasks.
Here you can find some examples to get started with DPsim.
Low level reference docs for DPsim.
How to contribute to DPsim.